Jeff Peek is a founding and managing partner at Peek Toland & Castañeda, where he focuses his practice on providing comprehensive immigration services to multinational companies, entrepreneurs, and individual investors throughout the world. As a Board Certified attorney by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Immigration and Naturalization Law, Jeff assists foreign companies to establish their U.S.-based workforces and foreign investors to infuse the U.S. economy with profitable and sustainable businesses.
Jeff’s immigration practice focuses on employment-based and family-based immigration. Over his legal career, Jeff has represented and counseled hundreds of businesses, individuals and families in various types of immigration matters. Jeff has guided employers, employees and investors through the complicated and often rigorous immigration process, including counseling his clients on employment-based visa applications, PERM labor certifications, and investor visas. In addition to advising his clients in employment-immigration issues, he has extensive experience counseling families and individuals through the family-based immigration process and other immigration proceedings.
Jeff Peek developed a love of Latin America, specifically Mexico, early in his life. His first experiences in Latin America were the result of Medical Mission trips with his church into impoverished areas of Mexico. Later in life, he was fortunate to live, study and teach in Mexico. Later he would come to meet and marry his wife, a Mexican attorney from Jalisco. His desire to support and help those who serve the people of Mexico and Latin America has continued through the Firm’s financial support of the Casa Hogar de La Montaña Children’s home in Saltillo. Jeff continues to spend time visiting Saltillo, Guadalajara, and other parts of Mexico and Latin America. As a result, when he started his legal career over seventeen years ago, he made it his mission to pursue a legal career that would allow him to interface with the businesspersons, investors, and entrepreneurs from across the world.
- St. Mary’s School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts
- La Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, Saltillo, Mexico, Language Program
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court Western District
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization – Certified Expert in Immigration & Nationality Law
- Peek Toland & Castañeda, PLLC, Austin, Texas, Partner
- Evans & Peek, LLP, Austin, Texas, Partner
- The Dunham Law Firm, Austin, Texas, Associate
- Represented over 1,500 immigrants in removal proceedings in Travis County and Central Texas;
- Represented over 4,000 immigrants in the family-based immigration process; and
- Represented over 1,000 employers in the employment-based immigration process.
- Litigation: 10+ First Chair Criminal Jury trials (Felony and Misdemeanor)
Seminars & Publications
- Immigration Detainer Forum, Lloyd Lochridge Inn of the Court, Panelist, Austin, Texas, December 2016
- Law School: Spanish in Law, The University of Texas at Austin, Guest Lecturer, Austin, Texas, Spring 2015
- Rhetoric Lecture Series: The Immigration Debate, The University of Texas at Austin, Guest Lecturer, Austin, Texas, Fall 2007-Spring 2008
- Immigration Law-Effects on Employers and Leadership, National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals National Conference, Speaker, Austin, Texas, June 2007
- Weekly Immigration Column, El Mundo Newspaper, 2003-2006
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Member
- El Abogado Güero Radio Show, Weekly on 97.1 FM
- Austin Oaks Church, Congregation Member
- C12 Board Member