Nicolás Arroyo is a native of Monterrey, Mexico and a Foreign Associate Attorney with Peek Toland & Castañeda. He advises the firm’s clients on Mexican law issues, International law, as well as, on domestic and global Immigration matters. He is an integral part of the firm’s immigration department where he works to on-board new clients of the firm.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Arroyo worked in the department of protection and legal affairs at the Mexican Consulate in Houston. He possesses years of professional legal experience with corporate law firms in the United States and Mexico. In addition to being a licensed attorney in Mexico, Nicolás is also certified by the Supreme Court of Texas as a Foreign Legal Consultant. He is fully available to provide guidance and perspective on the cross-border legal issues affecting Mexico and the United States.
- LL.M., University of Houston Law Center, 2013
- J.D. equivalent, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, 2006
Bar Admissions & Affiliations
- Licensed in Mexico, 2006
- Certified by the State Bar of Texas as a Foreign Legal Consultant, 2014
- Peek Toland & Castañeda PLLC, Foreign Associate Attorney
- Coane & Associates, PLLC, Houston, Texas, Foreign Associate Attorney
- Consulate General of Mexico, Houston, Texas, In House Counsel
- Partido Acción Nacional, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – Legal Counsel and Regional Campaign Coordinator for major Mexican political party
- Ude Zambrano y Asociados S.C., Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – Law Clerk
- Nicolás has assisted multiple clients in family-based and employment-based immigration cases. He has substantial experience handling global outbound immigration cases, particularly in Mexico.
- As an international lawyer, he has represented companies in Mexico and the United States with commercial contracts and corporate documents involving Mexican law and cross-border issues, mainly in the transportation industry.
- He has also assisted clients before governmental agencies in employment discrimination cases and has assisted in employment litigation cases.
Seminars & Publications
- Seminar: Representing Mexican Nationals in Capital Cases, Mexican Capital Legal Assistance Program (MCLAP), Speaker, Houston, Texas, April 2013
- Labor Rights Week, U.S. Department of Labor (WHD, EEOC, OSHA) & Mexican Consulate in Houston, Panelist, Houston, Texas, September 2010
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Member
- United We Dream Houston